Promises to Keep
Technology, Law, and the Future of Entertainment
(Stanford University Press 2004)
This book may be obtained either directly from Stanford University Press or from Amazon.com. Copies of the Introduction and Chapter 6 can be downloaded through the links set forth below.
- Chapter 1: The Promise of the New Technology
- Chapter 2: The Baseline: Entertainment Law and Practice in 1990
- Chapter 3: What Went Awry
- Chapter 4: Taking Property Rights Seriously
- Chapter 5: Online Entertainment as a Regulated Industry
- Chapter 6: An Alternative Compensation System
- Appendix A: Where Does the Money Go?